Schlitterbahn explains how it keeps 3.5 million gallons of water clean
By Craig Hlavaty
Published April 18, 2014
Chris Ozimek, spokesman for Schlitterbahn Waterpark in Galveston, said 3.5 million gallons of water are used to fill the entire park. The park recaptures, filters and reuses 97 percent of that water. As for the remaining 3 percent, it leaves the park either on guests or through evaporation into the air.
Click any link to view article.